A slogan has a fame besides having outstanding brand recall, it have a intangible factor that makes us look twice and think thrice. It must be a worthy for the public to remember and is a phrased in such a way that the public should like it to remember.
Guidelines for Creating a Catchy Slogan
1. Identification – A good slogan must stay consistent with the brand name either clearly stated or strongly implied. It’s good to have the name of your business to it.
2. Memorable – Some of the best taglines or slogans are still being used today, even though they were launched several years ago. In other words, a catchy slogan is one that is easily memorable.
3. Beneficial – Disclose your purpose and benefits of the product by conveying the message in a language that consumer can understand. Create a positive feeling for a product within your consumers.
4. Differentiation – A slogan should able to stand apart from crowd. It must be creative and original tagline or slogan.
5. Keep it simple – Use proven words and short keywords more than one.
Slogans of Some of the Notable Companies
Survivor TV Series
United Negro College Fund
Marks & Spencer
Kentucky Fried Chicken
The National Lottery
Slogans of Some of Top Advertising Agencies
J Walter Thompson (JWT) – “Time is the new currency”
DDB – “Co-creation”
Leo Burnett – “Creating ideas and building brands that truly matter to people”
M&CSAATCHI – “Brutal simplicity of thought”
Saatchi & Saatchi – “Nothing is impossible”
Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH) – “When the world zigs, zag”
TBWA – “The disruption agency”
Ogilvy Group – “To be most valued by those who most value brands”
RKCR/Y&R – “Brand energy”
Wieden + Kennedy – “Creating strong, provocative relationships between good companies and their customers”
Euro RSCG London – “Contagious ideas”
WCRS (Aegis Group) – “A brand’s best friend”